Thursday, September 2, 2010






The week has turned around. Got over myself, and went on with life.
Took a day off from the children's home on Tuesday. John was really sick, stomach problems, fever and chills, and I just needed some time to feel sorry for myself and do a little soul searching.

We returned on Wednesday and after some time with the kids all is well. How could you sit holding 2 babies under 2 weeks, while a 2 month old lays on the sofa next to you grinning and not have a great day?! Also, there are the 3 year olds laughing and playing around us. Life, after all, is really good.

Tonight, on the other hand, was, well....not dull. Marisol had a complete meltdown on the walk home in the pouring rain. She stomped in EVERY puddle. Had on rain boots, but managed to stomp in a deep enough puddle to overflow into the boots. Kind of a shocked look on her face and suddenly walking a little more carefully. Couple of more meltdowns when we got home. Can't remember over what, but then she went to our bedroom, closed the door, and all was quiet.

Not a good sign with a 3 1/2 year old. Carefully opened the door and peered into the room. There she sat with 7 stuffed toys and her hair bands/clips box open in front of her. lined up along her mat were about 10 different hair bands. Looking closer I could see she had put hair clips and bands on all the animals ears as they sat patiently in a circle around her. Left the room the way I came, not to dangerous. Made dinner and called her for dinner. She said she couldn't come because she was at a party. Told her to tell her Friends she had to eat and would return after dinner. She arrived at the table with her hair carefully clipped up in back. Said she needed to put it up so it wouldn't get in her spaghetti. Really looked cute.

After dinner she returned to the party and all was quiet again...John's turn to peek in. He smells something and asks if I brought nail polish. I don't remember bringing any. Follow him in, Marisol looks sheepishly up and me and I break out laughing...she has bright red lipstick smeared all around her mouth and nail polish half way down each finger (so I guess I did bring polish, but not remover). Of course, I had to take some pictures (special thanks to Jeri Shumate for letting me use her camera). Then John calls me back into the room and tells me to look down. There sit all 7 stuffed animals in a circle with hair pretties, lipstick and polish on. And, yes, a pig with lipstick is still a pig, but a MIGHTY CUTE ONE!! So is a bear, dog, lamb, duck,..... Okay, I should have been really mad, but what could I do about it now? and it was just so funny.

There is something about spending time with kids that makes it impossible to stay upset! If you're feeling down, find a child and everything will turn around. Enjoy these pictures, they should be a lot more fun than the last ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment